Some Winston-Salem pools opening late
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Bolton Pool will be the only city pool open Memorial Day weekend, according to city officials. The pool will be open May 25 – 27.
Kimberley Park and Parkland pools, were scheduled to open over Memorial Day weekend, but will remain closed as city workers complete modifications to make them handicapped-accessible.
“We were hoping to open three, but we ran in some problems with some construction work that was behind,” said Dick Butler with the City of Winston-Salem. “We plan to have them all open by June 8th before children get out of school for the summer.”
Bolton and Polo pools will be open June 1-2. Bolton Pool will be open daily for the summer starting June 3. Kimberley, Parkland, Polo, Happy Hill, Mineral Springs, Reynolds Park and Sprague pools will open for the summer on June 8.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview