Police: 4 hospitalized in Thomasville head-on crash
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Thomasville police said four people were hospitalized including an infant after a head-on collision involving two vehicles on Tuesday.
Authorities said the wreck happened on Cedar Lodge Road where it merges with Fisher Ferry and Holly Grove roads.
Police said a mother and an infant were in one car and a male and female in the other.
Brad Saintsing with the Thomasville Police Department said the mother was pinned in the vehicle and had to be extricated.
Authorities said the mother was airlifted and the infant was taken by ambulance to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Police said the male and female in the other car were also taken to Baptist.
Conditions on the victims were not released. Police said the infant was property restrained and appears to be okay.
The investigation is ongoing and no other information was immediately available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave