NC woman accused of trying to poison family with cheese
Tiara Drake, 24, of Battleboro
BATTLEBORO, N.C. — A North Carolina woman is accused of trying to poison five family members after one of them wouldn’t share cheese with her.
WTVD reported that Tiara Drake, 24, of Battleboro, allegedly poisoned the cheese with Ajax, window cleaner, and detergent.
Authorities said she poisoned the food before her family woke up on Friday and they used it to make breakfast.
Officials said four of the family members noticed there was something wrong with the cheese and Poison Control was called.
Deputies said the responders had the family drink milk to counteract the effects of the chemicals. All the family members are okay.
Drake has been charged with five counts of attempted murder. She received a $50,000 bond and had court planned for Monday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k