NC barbecue joint named one of best in country
(Credit: Skylight Inn (Pete Jones BBQ) Facebook)
A North Carolina barbecue joint has been named one of the best in the country.
National Geographic has named the Skylight Inn in Ayden as the second best barbecue restaurant in America.
“At Skylight Inn you can order only two things: a pulled pork sandwich topped with coleslaw or a pulled pork dish with corn bread and coleslaw. Whole pigs are slow-roasted over oak fires in open-air pits. Despite the short menu, Skylight doesn’t want for customers,” according to the website.
Corky’s in Memphis, Tenn. was ranked number one and Virgil’s Real Barbecue in New York placed in at third.
Skylight Inn is about 10 miles south of Greenville.
Read full list: National Geographic
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants