Man charged with secret peeping at Asheboro Walmart
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Asheboro police have charged a man with secret peeping after he allegedly took a cell phone picture of a woman bending over at Walmart.
Jesse Joseph Marion, 32, of Raleigh, was charged after the incident was reported on Friday.
The victim told police she was in Walmart when she heard a cell phone click as if it was taking a picture. She said she then saw a man with a phone in his hand and tried to confront him, but he fled.
Police said they eventually arrested the suspect after identifying him through a series of interviews and observations.
Authorities said he was pulled over in his van and charged. They said they also found a small amount of marijuana and a Glock 9 mm in his possession, leading to charges of possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon.
Police said the suspect received a $15,000 secured bond and has court planned for Monday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave