Dispatcher: 50 injured after car plows into parade-goers in Virginia
DAMASCUS, Va. (CNN) — As many as 50 people were injured Saturday afternoon after a car plowed into parade-goers in Damascus, Virginia, a police dispatcher told CNN.
Of those injured, there were at lease five or six “trauma victims,” the dispatcher said.
The accident occurred during a parade at the annual Trail Days festival in the town near the Virginia-Tennessee border.
The town’s police chief has scheduled a 6 p.m. ET news conference.
By CNN Staff
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy