Dispatcher: 50 injured after car plows into parade-goers in Virginia
DAMASCUS, Va. (CNN) — As many as 50 people were injured Saturday afternoon after a car plowed into parade-goers in Damascus, Virginia, a police dispatcher told CNN.
Of those injured, there were at lease five or six “trauma victims,” the dispatcher said.
The accident occurred during a parade at the annual Trail Days festival in the town near the Virginia-Tennessee border.
The town’s police chief has scheduled a 6 p.m. ET news conference.
By CNN Staff
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave