Virginia Beach-based Navy SEAL killed during training exercise
An investigation is underway after a Virginia Beach-based Navy SEAL was killed and seven others were injured, during a training exercise Wednesday according to WTKR.
Authorities announced Friday that Special Warfare Operator Third Class (SEAL) Jonathan H. Kaloust died as a result of injuries sustained when a Humvee rolled over during convoy training.
According to WTKR, the surviving service members, all from Naval Special Warfare Group 2 based at Little Creek, were treated for minor injuries and have since been released from the hospital.
“The Naval Special Warfare community is deeply saddened by this tragic accident,” said Capt. Robert Smith, Commander, Naval Special Warfare Group TWO, in a statement. “Our thoughts and our prayers go out to the family and friends of our fallen teammate and those injured in the accident. A thorough investigation into the incident is underway.”
Read more at WTKR
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k