Greensboro Housing Authority to be recognized for Claremont Court
GREENSBORO, NC — The City Council will recognize the Greensboro Housing Authority on Tuesday, May 21 for its work in transforming the Claremont Court Community.
The GHA used a $6 million-dollar federal grant to spruce up the public housing complex, which was built in 1969.
The GHA used that money to install new siding, new roofing, central heating and air and playground equipment, among other features.
The GHA completed the renovation in the summer of 2012.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault