Greensboro Housing Authority to be recognized for Claremont Court
GREENSBORO, NC — The City Council will recognize the Greensboro Housing Authority on Tuesday, May 21 for its work in transforming the Claremont Court Community.
The GHA used a $6 million-dollar federal grant to spruce up the public housing complex, which was built in 1969.
The GHA used that money to install new siding, new roofing, central heating and air and playground equipment, among other features.
The GHA completed the renovation in the summer of 2012.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview