‘Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker’ sought in NJ slaying
CLARK, N.J. — Authorities in New Jersey have issued an arrest warrant for 24-year-old Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, better known as “Kai the hatchet wielding hitchhiker,” in connection with the alleged murder of Joseph Galfy, Jr. in Clark, New Jersey, WABC is reporting.
McGillvary became an internet celebrity after he was interviewed by a TV station and the video was posted online. During the Feb. 1 incident in Fresno, California, McGillvary struck a driver accused of attempting to run over a Pacific Gas & Electric.
WABC is reporting the New Jersey victim, Joseph Galfy, was found inside his home on Starlite Drive on May 13 after officers received a call to check on his well-being. Following an autopsy, officials determined Galfy died as a result of blunt force trauma.
According to WABC, investigators believe McGillvary has cut his hair in an attempt to alter his appearance. He is considered to be armed and dangerous.
McGillvary is also known as Kai Lawrence, Caleb Kai Lawrence and Kai Nicodemus.
More information: WABC
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK