Termite season is here
As the weather warms up, experts say a good idea to check your home for places that can attract termites.
“Sometimes around the chimney you have leaks and it soaks the wood and it draws the termites,” said Cliff Scruggs with Terminix.
Any wood products like firewood, stumps or cardboard can also attract termites into your home and should be moved away from your house.
Scruggs adds homeowners should also look for mud tubes along the sides of their home, which could be a sign that termites are inside.
Experts suggest homeowners invest in an annual termite inspection, which could prevent future problems.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting