Termite season is here
As the weather warms up, experts say a good idea to check your home for places that can attract termites.
“Sometimes around the chimney you have leaks and it soaks the wood and it draws the termites,” said Cliff Scruggs with Terminix.
Any wood products like firewood, stumps or cardboard can also attract termites into your home and should be moved away from your house.
Scruggs adds homeowners should also look for mud tubes along the sides of their home, which could be a sign that termites are inside.
Experts suggest homeowners invest in an annual termite inspection, which could prevent future problems.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k