Termite season is here
As the weather warms up, experts say a good idea to check your home for places that can attract termites.
“Sometimes around the chimney you have leaks and it soaks the wood and it draws the termites,” said Cliff Scruggs with Terminix.
Any wood products like firewood, stumps or cardboard can also attract termites into your home and should be moved away from your house.
Scruggs adds homeowners should also look for mud tubes along the sides of their home, which could be a sign that termites are inside.
Experts suggest homeowners invest in an annual termite inspection, which could prevent future problems.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK