Father charged with leaving 10-month-old in van
GREENSBORO, N.C.– A 10-month-old girl was left alone in a parked van in a hospital parking lot in Greensboro Tuesday afternoon, according to Greensboro Police.
A woman walking by the van at Wesley Long Hospital called 911 after she heard the baby crying around 5:30 p.m. Police said the baby was alone for about 48 minutes.
Investigators say the baby’s parents, John Marcus Lawe and Tamera Ann Mills, were inside the hospital at the time.
Lawe was taken into custody and charged with misdemeanor child abuse.
The baby did not suffer any injuries and was treated by hospital staff.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child