Vin Diesel: Facebook owes me billions
Vin Diesel recently joked in a recent Entertainment Weekly interview that Facebook owes him billions after he jumped on the Facebook game early in 2009.
The movie star was one of the first celebrities to have a Facebook page and quickly added likes on the social media platform.
“So, when I had started my page, the only person that had a million fans was Barack Obama. Because it was first-quarter 2009, and he’d just got elected as President, because of social media. So, when I started talking to the fans, I became the No. 1 page in the world. Over Coca-Cola, over huge companies. And it was only because I said: ‘Hi, guys, I love you.’”
At one point, Diesel’s page was the most liked page in the world. Diesel claimed his page even stumped the team at Facebook, who reached out to Diesel to ask what he was doing to accumulate so many fans.
“Facebook really owes me billions of dollars,” he jokes. “But whatever.”
Read more: Entertainment Weekly
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.