Fox bites High Point child
HIGH POINT, N.C.–A 7-year-old was attacked by a fox in High Point Sunday afternoon.
Abraham Estrada was sitting on the steps with his friends at the Madison Park Apartments when a fox came out of the woods. The children ran, but the fox was able to bite Abraham on the calf.
With the fox still attached to his lower leg, Abraham said he was able to make it to his apartment for help.
“We had only one purse. My Grandma, she kept on hitting him on the head,” he said.
The fox finally let go and ran from the apartment.
High Point Police found the fox hours later, and shot it. The animal is being tested for rabies.
Abraham has already started receiving treatment for rabies as a precaution.
Neighbors like Elnora Byers said Sunday’s attack has changed the way she feels about the woods that surround her apartment complex.
“We are really afraid to come out of our apartments because it’s not safe. We don’t know what to do. Everybody is in a panic around here,” Byers said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave