UNC, Duke students both graduate on Mother’s Day
It’s a tradition here in North Carolina — two rivals coming together to hold graduation on Mother’s Day.
About 6,000 students walked across the stage at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Just a few miles down the street, Duke University also celebrated graduation on Mother’s Day with alumna Melinda Gates giving the commencement speech.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK