UNC, Duke students both graduate on Mother’s Day
It’s a tradition here in North Carolina — two rivals coming together to hold graduation on Mother’s Day.
About 6,000 students walked across the stage at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Just a few miles down the street, Duke University also celebrated graduation on Mother’s Day with alumna Melinda Gates giving the commencement speech.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child