Reidsville man pulled from burning home by newspaper carrier
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — Authorities said a newspaper carrier saved a Reidsville man from a house fire on Sunday morning.
Reidsville Fire Marshal Jay Harris told the Greensboro News & Record that it happened around 5:20 a.m. at 719 N.W. Market St.
The paper reported that Steve Bradshaw helped pull an occupant from a window after he saw smoke coming from the home and couldn’t get in through the front.
There was no report on the man’s injuries. Firefighters said there were no other occupants inside.
Officials said if Bradshaw had not been there, the outcome of the situation would have been much different.
Authorities said the fire started near the rear porch and caused extensive damage. They said the cause remains under investigation.
Read more: The Greensboro News & Record
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave