Police: 88-year-old NC man shoots, kills elderly woman
Charles Edwin Venn, 88, of Gastonia
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — An 88-year-old man was arrested after police said he shot and killed the woman he was living with on Mother’s Day.
The Gaston Gazette reported that Charles Edwin Venn is accused of killing 80-year-old Vivian Schronce around 12 p.m. at 128 Venn Drive in Gastonia.
Authorities said they found the victim at the home with a gunshot wound to the chest. They said they were called there after a 911 call about a woman in cardiac arrest.
Police said the victim was taken to CaroMont Regional Medical Center and later died.
Authorities said the suspect was charged with first-degree murder and placed in the Gaston County Jail without bond.
Source: The Gaston Gazette
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault