Police: 88-year-old NC man shoots, kills elderly woman
Charles Edwin Venn, 88, of Gastonia
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — An 88-year-old man was arrested after police said he shot and killed the woman he was living with on Mother’s Day.
The Gaston Gazette reported that Charles Edwin Venn is accused of killing 80-year-old Vivian Schronce around 12 p.m. at 128 Venn Drive in Gastonia.
Authorities said they found the victim at the home with a gunshot wound to the chest. They said they were called there after a 911 call about a woman in cardiac arrest.
Police said the victim was taken to CaroMont Regional Medical Center and later died.
Authorities said the suspect was charged with first-degree murder and placed in the Gaston County Jail without bond.
Source: The Gaston Gazette
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old