Naked women cause traffic delays in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte police said a mother and daughter were mentally evaluated after walking around naked in public with two children who were also naked.
The Charlotte Observer reported that it happened Saturday afternoon in the 6000 block of Providence Road, causing traffic delays.
The women were described as a woman in her 20s and her mother in her 40s.
Charlotte police said the two women claimed “the Lord told them to get naked and walk down the street.”
“Like freshly-born baby naked,” said Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Capt. Rod Farley, according to WCNC. “This was Adam and Eve stuff, not even a loincloth.”
Resident Jill Mead said she was driving on Providence Road at the time and the incident “blew her mind.”
Police said they took all four to Presbyterian Matthews to be physically and mentally evaluated. Farley said the only problem seemed to be that they were not wearing clothes.
Police said they filled out a report for child neglect and contacted the Department of Social Services. It remains unclear whether the children remain in the DSS’s custody or if additional charges will be filed.
Source: The Charlotte Observer
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK