Five injured in NC wreck with truck carrying 200 pounds of barbecue
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte police said five people were hospitalized after a wreck involving a pickup truck carrying 200 pounds of barbecue Sunday morning.
WSOC reported that a car and a pickup truck T-boned and slid into a third vehicle on Milton Road at North Sharon Amity Road around 7:40 a.m.
Officials said eight people were involved in the crash and five taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Main, two with life-threatening injuries.
The pickup carrying the food was reportedly headed to a Mother’s Day picnic.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home