Two men arrested in Fort Bragg soldier’s shooting death
Authorities in Fayetteville are investigating a fatal shooting that happened in the 1900 block of Westhill Drive off Ireland Drive around 3 a.m. Monday. (ABC11 Reporter Anthony Wilson)
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Police in Fayetteville have charged two men wanted in the shooting death of a Fort Bragg soldier.
WTVD reported that 24-year-olds Darrick Lynn Grissom and Antonio Terrell Johnson are the last of four people charged in the April 22 robbery and shooting death of 29-year-old Spc. Danny Ray McFadden.
Police said about 15 people who were at a house party said the men showed up and robbed them at gunpoint, according to police.
McFadden was killed in the robbery. One other person was shot, but treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Fayetteville police spokesman Lt. Todd Joyce said Thursday that officers acted on a tip, went to a house, and executed a search warrant.
Joyce said Grissom and Johnson were found hiding in a closet and were taken into custody without incident.
Both men were charged with first-degree murder and are being held without bail in the Cumberland County Detention Center. It’s not known if either has an attorney.
Police arrested 24-year-old Thomas Wayne McCarley and 25-year-old Anthony Dwayne Hair in April.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old