East Carolina University student charged with military desertion
27-year-old Adam Patrick Johnson
GREENVILLE, N.C. — An East Carolina University student accused of deserting the military has been arrested.
The Daily Reflector of Greenville reported 27-year-old Adam Patrick Johnson was charged with felony military desertion. He had been wanted since October 2009 on a warrant from Kentucky.
Two ECU police officers patrolling a greenway Wednesday night saw a man and woman, according to an arrest report. The officers reportedly asked for identification and found a warrant out for Johnson.
A school spokeswoman said the woman was brought back to her residence hall after it was determined she had done nothing wrong.
Johnson was placed Pitt County Detention Center before being taken to Fort Bragg. It is not known if he has an attorney.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave