Mount Airy woman accused of trafficking crystal meth
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Deputies say a Mount Airy woman has been charged with trafficking methamphetamine.
Sheriff Graham Atkinson says 33-year-old Crystal Dawn Quesinberry was arrested Tuesday after deputies obtained a warrant and searched her home at 1247 North Franklin Road.
During the search, Sheriff Atkinson says deputies found “a trafficking amount of crystal meth” in addition to “a selling amount of a schedule II controlled substance” and drug paraphernalia.
“She was moving a significant amount of crystal meth,” Atkinson said. “And most of the crystal meth is not produced locally because it requires an additional step in processing.”
Quesinberry is charged with seven counts of trafficking in methamphetamine, three counts of sale and delivery of crystal meth, three counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver crystal meth, five counts of maintaining a drug house and five counts of counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The suspect was released from jail after her $100,000 bond was posted, Atkinson said.
No other details were provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants