Castro fathered daughter of kidnap victim
DNA tests confirm Ariel Castro fathered the daughter of one of the three women police say was held captive in his Cleveland home for years, WJW is reporting.
Amanda Berry, her daughter and two other women were rescued Monday after the women were held at Castro’s home for the better part of a decade, police said.
Castro was arraigned Thursday in a Cleveland court on four counts of kidnapping and three of rape. He is being held with bail set at $8 million — $2 million for each of the three women and the child.
Investigators had asked the state crime lab to expedite the DNA profile — something that typically takes 20 days, Ohio attorney general’s office spokesman Dan Tierney said this week.
CNN and WJW contributed to this report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave