Report: Greensboro Sportsplex won’t close
GREENSBORO, N.C.–The Sportsplex won’t eliminate open play time as part of this year’s budget-cutting, The News and Record reports.
Last week, City Manager Denise Turner suggested the city could keep the multi-field indoor sports center open only for activities such as soccer or volleyball leagues, which rent space in the building.
But to save the city $120,000 a year, residents would no longer be able to drop by seven days a week to use the courts and fields for a $5 fee.
According to the report, the city staff has found other ways to save money without shutting down free play general access.
Parks Director Chris Wilson told the News and Record, that the Sportsplex won’t close. But free play time likely will be reduced.
Read more at The News and Record
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old