Scattered showers this afternoon
The area of low pressure that has persistently spun across the Carolinas will start to shift into the Virginias on Wednesday.
We will continue to have mostly-cloudy skies with scattered showers and thunderstorms through the day, but peeks of sunshine will allow temperatures to climb to near 70 degrees.
Most of the rain will fall in the northwestern corner of North Carolina, with 1/4″ expected from the Blue Ridge, west.
In the Piedmont Triad, 1/10″ to 1/4″ is ahead with the lightest amounts to the south and east.
The rain tapers off overnight and the stubborn, stormy low begins to move northward, toward Pennsylvania. This will give our skies a chance to become partly-cloudy around sunrise Thursday.
Lows will be in the mid-50′s Thursday with high temperatures near 80 degrees.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old