Arizona man’s nose was leaking brain fluid
PHOENIX, Ariz. — An Arizona man who thought had had a runny nose was actually seeing brain fluid leaking through his nose.
The man thought he had year-round allergies when his nose continued to run, FOX 10 is reporting.
Joe Nagy first noticed it when he sat up to get out of bed.
“Brooop! This clear liquid dribbled out of my nose like tears out of your eyes. I go what is this?,” he told the TV station.
And, he added, the symptom continued to worsen over time.
Nagy tried allergy medicine, which didn’t help. He said he had tissues on-hand all the time.
Nagy went to a specialist who tested the fluid that was dripping out of his nose. That’s how he discovered it was actually brain fluid.
“I was scared to death if you want to know the truth,” he said.
The membrane surrounding Nagy’s brain had a hole in it, causing the brain fluid to leak.
Eventually, Nagy’s infection cleared up, and he was able to have the surgery.
Read more: FOX 10
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k