Arizona man’s nose was leaking brain fluid
PHOENIX, Ariz. — An Arizona man who thought had had a runny nose was actually seeing brain fluid leaking through his nose.
The man thought he had year-round allergies when his nose continued to run, FOX 10 is reporting.
Joe Nagy first noticed it when he sat up to get out of bed.
“Brooop! This clear liquid dribbled out of my nose like tears out of your eyes. I go what is this?,” he told the TV station.
And, he added, the symptom continued to worsen over time.
Nagy tried allergy medicine, which didn’t help. He said he had tissues on-hand all the time.
Nagy went to a specialist who tested the fluid that was dripping out of his nose. That’s how he discovered it was actually brain fluid.
“I was scared to death if you want to know the truth,” he said.
The membrane surrounding Nagy’s brain had a hole in it, causing the brain fluid to leak.
Eventually, Nagy’s infection cleared up, and he was able to have the surgery.
Read more: FOX 10
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview