City Council approves Gate City Blvd. renaming
GREENSBORO — The Greensboro City Council is moving forward in renaming 17 miles of High Point Road and Lee Street.
On Tuesday, the city council approved the renaming and authorized the staff to begin changing street names to Gate City Boulevard.
Mayor Robbie Perkins said one name will unify two of the city’s largest roadways and help with any direction confusion.
“It seems like there’s a rebirth out in that High Point Road Lee Street corridor. A lot of activity going on. Some $6 or $700 million of economic development activity and it would be appropriate for the city to consider a new brand for the new area,” Perkins said.
Sign replacement for the city will cost at least $30,000 and $100,000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault