Tractor-trailer driver charged after accident on I-85 near High Point
HIGH POINT, N.C. — A tractor-trailer driver has been charged following a Tuesday morning tractor-trailer accident on I-85 South near the Business 85 exit.
According to Trooper Greg Ingram with the N.C. Highway Patrol, the single-vehicle accident happened just after 5 a.m. between mile markers 117 and 118.
Trooper Ingram says the tractor-trailer was headed south on the interstate when it went off the left side of the roadway and struck a guardrail.
The left lane of the interstate was closed for about six hours as a result.
EMS responded to the scene, but Ingram said nobody was hurt.
Ingram says the driver is charged with careless and reckless driving.
The rig is owned by Triple JRC Logistics of Siler City.
No other information was available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it