Road Trip: Asheville
ASHEVILLE, N.C.– For more than a century, Asheville has been known for its properties, unique local art and breathtaking views. Just a little over 2 hours from much of the Piedmont, the Buncombe County seat is best known for its eclectic downtown.
Named Beer City USA 4 times, Asheville is home to many craft breweries, local art galleries, shops and restaurants with outdoor seating and sidewalk dining.
The Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville is one of our state’s earliest shopping malls. Today the architectural wonder in the middle of town boasts more than 30 shops and a dozen restaurants.
The city is also famous for its outdoor activities, historical tours and festivals.
For a complete list of things to do in Asheville check out www.exploreasheville.com .
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'