John Kasay to officially retire as a Carolina Panther
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — John Kasay will retire a Carolina Panther after he signs a one-day contract on Tuesday.
The kicker played for the Panthers inaugural team in 1995. He went on to play 15 seasons in Charlotte.
The team will host a retirement reception for Kasay at Bank of America Stadium on Tuesday.
Kasay, 43, was released by the team before the 2011 season. He played for New Orleans that season before sitting out last season.
Kasay played in the NFL for 21 seasons.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k