High School athlete won`t let blindness stop her
CHICAGO — Being involved in a high school sport helps students feel like they’re a part of something – but imagine doing it with your eyes closed.
16-year-old Jhaliyah Anderson is running track blind. She runs the 100 yard dash for Thornton Fractional South High School.
Although she is blind, she refuses to let it slow her down in any aspect of life — especially on the track.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault