Thousands attend breast cancer research event in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The streets of Winston-Salem were filled with pink Saturday morning – for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
The event is a major fundraiser for the nation’s leading organization for breast cancer research.
FOX8’s Brad Jones found it is also a time to bring people together and celebrate their stories of survival.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child