Road Trip: Durham – Museum of Life and Science
DURHAM, N.C.– For families looking for fun and educational summer travel spots, the Museum of Life and Science offers a little bit of everything.
The 84-acre facility at 433 West Murray Avenue in Durham, N.C. offers a variety of outdoor exhibits such as fossil digging with dinosaurs, animals like bears and lemurs, and a Butterfly House featuring more than 800 butterflies up-close.
In addition, the Museum itself is a two-story building with interactive experiments and computer-driven learning.
- $14 Adults
- $11 Seniors (age 65 and older) and active military with ID
- $10 Children ages 3-12
- Members and children under age 3 are admitted FREE
Sign-ups for summer camps are available now.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k