Two charged with killing man outside Greensboro apartments
Michael Thomas McLaurin
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police say two suspects have been arrested in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred outside a Greensboro apartment building.
According to police, 28-year-old Jovon Derell Clarke and 35-year-old Charles Dean Pierce were arrested shortly after 10:45 a.m. Wednesday in the death of 28-year-old Michael Thomas McLaurin.
Police say McLaurin died on April 24 when he was shot during a disturbance in the parking lot of the Margate on Cone Apartments on East Cone Boulevard.
McLaurin and the two suspects all lived in the apartment complex, police said. Clarke and Pierce shared an apartment.
Police say Clarke was taken into custody at the suspects’ apartment, while Pierce was found at 1817 Hudgins Drive.
The suspects are each charged with first-degree murder.
A motive for the shooting has not been revealed.
No other details were immediately available.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK