Derby Day event to raise money for victims of violence in Mayodan
MAYODAN, N.C. — You don’t have to drive to Kentucky for some Derby fun — just go to Rockingham County.
On Wednesday during the FOX8 Morning News at 9:00, we will learn about “Derby Day” — an event that lets people dress up like they do for the Kentucky Derby and raise money for Help, Incorporated.
This year’s event starts at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Autumn Creek Vineyards in Mayodan.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the gate.
For more information, you can call (336) 342-3331 or visit helpinc-centeragainstviolence.org.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child