Cool and breezy, temperatures today well below normal
Clouds continue to cover Piedmont skies Wednesday and tonight, and a cool breeze out of the northeast will keep temperatures down. This pattern will continue into the early hours Thursday.
Highs Wednesday, in the mid-60′s, will be well below normal for this time of year. Our average high for May 1 is 74 degrees.
Thursday, we’ll have mostly cloudy skies to start the day with lows in the mid-50′s. A clearing trend will start by midday, and there is sunshine on the way by the afternoon. Highs will be slightly warmer around 68 degrees.
A wintry storm is lashing western states with 8″ to 12″ of snow in some counties. It will be slowly moving eastward, and upper level energy from this storm will stall out over the Deep South by early next week.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave