Train, tractor-trailer involved in crash in Monroe
MONROE, N.C. — Authorities said a train and a tractor-trailer were involved in a crash Tuesday afternoon in Monroe.
WSOC reported that it happened shortly before 5 p.m. on Old Charlotte Highway, near Rocky River Road. The incident caused both roads to close down.
Troopers said five vehicles were involved in the crash. Officials said one person was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and it remains unclear what caused the crash.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview