Train, tractor-trailer involved in crash in Monroe
MONROE, N.C. — Authorities said a train and a tractor-trailer were involved in a crash Tuesday afternoon in Monroe.
WSOC reported that it happened shortly before 5 p.m. on Old Charlotte Highway, near Rocky River Road. The incident caused both roads to close down.
Troopers said five vehicles were involved in the crash. Officials said one person was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
Authorities said the investigation is ongoing and it remains unclear what caused the crash.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave