Small chance of rain today; Mild and cloudy
High pressure planted off the coast of Maine will keep a steady northeast breeze in place for the next couple of days across the Carolinas.
With that in mind, we’ll have partly to mostly cloudy skies as moisture is drawn into the Piedmont from the Atlantic.
We’re starting with mostly cloudy skies on Tuesday, but expect partly cloudy conditions by the afternoon.
Temperatures will climb to the mid-60′s by lunchtime, and top out at 71 degrees for the daytime high.
Rain chances remain around 20 percent.
Tuesday night, the clouds roll back in on a northeast breeze. Lows will be mild, in the mid-50′s.
Mostly cloudy skies stick around for Wednesday and Thursday with only an isolated shower in the forecast each day. Highs will be in the upper 60′s, then climb to 70 degrees on Friday and Saturday under partly cloudy skies.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'