Driver swerved to miss dog, fatally struck man on lawnmower
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A man mowing his grass on a riding lawnmower died after being struck by a pickup truck Tuesday in Davidson County, according to NC Trooper J.W. Boozer.
Edward Glenn Burcham was driving his pick-up truck east on Holly Grove Road around 3:30 p.m., when he swerved to avoid a dog that had run into the road.
Burcham crossed the center line and hit and killed Bobby Wayne Lambert, 73, who was mowing his lawn.
Charges have not been filed against Burcham.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK