Driver swerved to miss dog, fatally struck man on lawnmower
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A man mowing his grass on a riding lawnmower died after being struck by a pickup truck Tuesday in Davidson County, according to NC Trooper J.W. Boozer.
Edward Glenn Burcham was driving his pick-up truck east on Holly Grove Road around 3:30 p.m., when he swerved to avoid a dog that had run into the road.
Burcham crossed the center line and hit and killed Bobby Wayne Lambert, 73, who was mowing his lawn.
Charges have not been filed against Burcham.
The accident remains under investigation.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview