Buckley Report: Soccer as Savior
You may not know it, but the Triad is haven for refugees.
The cities take in an inordinate number of people fleeing disasters from other countries.
Sometimes, the transition to a new nation can be difficult.
In Greensboro, where there is a large African-American refugee population, some are finding soccer as their savior.
Greensboro United provides tens of thousands of dollars for scholarships to their club each year. They are getting ready to put their summer teams together in the next few weeks.
To find out more visit greensborounited.org
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave