Bill would allow guns on school campuses
House Bill 937 would allow concealed carry permit holders to bring a gun onto a public community college or UNC system campus, though the weapon would have to remain locked in a vehicle.
Winston-Salem State University Police Chief Pat Norris is against the bill. Norris said the bill would increase car break-ins on campus and might encourage gun owners to take action if there’s a shooter on campus.
Meanwhile, many students feel having a gun on campus adds an extra layer of security.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k