Former assistant fire chief in Kernersville charged with indecent liberties
Timothy Scott Swaim, 47, of Kernersville
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — The former assistant fire chief in Kernersville was charged Monday with taking indecent liberties with a child.
Timothy Scott Swaim, 46, of the 3700 block of Flat Rock Road in Kernersville, is accused of taking a picture of a naked 15-year-old girl, according to a court record. The felony offense occurred in November 2008, an arrest warrant states.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that Swaim has just resigned his position with the Kernersville Fire Department, a job he has held for 18 years, according to court records.
Swaim was being held Monday afternoon in the Forsyth County Jail with his bond set at $4,000. He is scheduled to appear in court May 23.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave