Competing for a cure for ALS
ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease is a slow and silent killer that attacks the muscles in the body. First, it robs people of the ability to walk, then their ability to talk and finally their ability to breathe.
Piedmont resident April Harstookis is trying to fight ALS by using her muscles with the goal of competing in one of the most demanding sporting events in the world: The Ironman Triathlon!
You can vote for April at konainspired.thismoment.com
There is a walk to defeat ALS in Winston-Salem on Saturday at BB&T Field. Registration is at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK