Bank robbery prompts elementary school lockdown in Ramseur
RAMSEUR, N.C. — Authorities say a bank robbery that occurred Monday morning in Randolph County prompted a lockdown at Ramseur Elementary School.
Deputies with the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office say the robbery happened at Fidelity Bank on Jordan Road.
Police are investigating the robbery, deputies said.
Officials say Ramseur Elementary School was placed on lockdown as a precaution due to the robbery.
It was not clear if police were still searching for the suspect as of 10:30 a.m.
No other information was immediately available.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.