ASU student donates proceeds of cartoon to help bombing victims
BOONE, N.C. — A cartoonist at Appalachian State University is donating the proceeds of his cartoon sale to help the Boston bombing victims.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported that Andrew Cox, a junior from Pfafftown, ran a cartoon in the student newspaper, The Appalachian, on April 18 called “To run again.”
The Journal reported that proceeds from the sale of the cartoon will go to The One Fund Boston to help bombing victims.
“I think it’s all about trying to use your talent to try and give back to people, and that’s something I wanted to do,” Cox told the Winston-Salem Journal.
Michael Bragg, editor-in-chief of the paper, said he’s gotten a lot of positive feedback about Cox’s decision to donate the proceeds of his print sales.
Read full story: The Winston-Salem Journal
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it