Kevin Harvick wins Richmond after 2-lap overtime sprint
RICHMOND, Va. — Kevin Harvick won the Toyota Owner’s 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup series auto race at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday in a two-lap overtime sprint to the finish.
The Associated Press reported that drove through traffic on the final restart, driving from seventh to Victory Lane.
“Just shifted gears, hit the pedal and hoped for the best,” Harvick said, according to the Associated Press. “They all went high and I went low. The seas kind of parted there. They didn’t get a very good restart, and my car launched.”
The win was Harvick’s first Sprint Cup victory of the season, putting Chevrolet and Richard Childress Racing in Victory Lane and snapping a two-race winning streak by Joe Gibbs Racing.
Read more: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault