Mobile home recycling in Alamance County
ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C.– A grant from NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources provided the county with $40,000 to have contractors demolish abandoned or otherwise unusable manufactured homes.
The contractor gets to keep and profit on any material in the home that is recyclable.
The county finds old mobile homes for the program by accepting applications from people who need help getting rid of an old home.
The money from the grant should cover about 25 homes and be completed by the end of the summer.
Alamance County Planning Director Jason Martin says the county will be applying for the grant yearly.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview