Road Trip: Asheville – Beer City USA
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – Asheville’s vibrant art scene now includes drinkable art. According to tourism officials, the Buncombe County seat now has more breweries per capita than any other city in the country.
Highland Brewing was the original brewery and started in the early 90′s. Today there are more than 18 in and around Asheville. Some claim there is enough variety, that you could drink a different beer each day of the year.
Asheville’s crisp, clean water, vibrant downtown and varied arts scene is why many brewers say Asheville is the perfect spot to brew beer.
The town boasts many beer festivals and family friendly options for people looking to enjoy the one of kind craft beers that can be found.
For more information on beer tastings, beer runs, brewery tours and festivals check out exploreasheville.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault