Raleigh woman dies following stabbing by best man
RALEIGH, N.C.–A Raleigh woman brutally stabbed in her home on Monday evening has died from her injuries.
According to WTVD, Jameson “Jamie” Kirk Hahn, 29, was badly injured, along with her husband Nation Hahn, 27, when police said Jon Broyhill, who was formerly a close friend to the well-known political couple, allegedly stabbed them at their North Raleigh home before turning the knife on himself.
Broyhill had been charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflecting serious injury. Raleigh police said they are in the process of charging him with murder following Jamie’s death and arrest warrants are expected to be served once he is released from WakeMed.
Sources told WTVD on Wednesday that a possible motive for the attack could involve missing money. Broyhill apparently kept the books for Jamie Hahn’s business and some political campaigns.
A wedding announcement in a South Carolina newspaper listed Broyhill as the best man at the couple’s wedding in April 2009. The Hahn family said Broyhill visited the couple regularly and ate dinner with them Monday evening.
Read more at WTVD
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault