Greensboro couple charged with sexually assaulting child
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Greensboro couple has been arrested and charged in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old back in 1999.
Michael Cain Wilson and his wife, Antionette Rochelle Wilson, both 47, were charged in connection to assaults that allegedly happened between 1991 and 2003.
Deputies said the charges stem from evidence that on Nov. 12, 1999, Mr. Wilson abandoned his newborn daughter under the stairwell of an apartment building at 1808 McKnight Mill Road.
Deputies said the evidence, and Mr. Wilson’s statements, suggest the baby was delivered in his residence and was abandoned it in order to conceal his sexual abuse of the child’s mother, who was only 13-years-old at the time.
Michael Wilson was charged with nine charges of first-degree child rape, 12 charges of indecent liberties with a child, six charges of sex offense and four of statutory rape. He is being held in the Greensboro Jail on a $1.7 million bond.
Antoinette Rochelle Wilson, the suspect’s wife, has been charged with 15 counts of aiding and abetting a felony. She is being held in the Greensboro Jail on a $350,000 bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave