Sampson County student struck, killed by logging truck
RALEIGH, N.C.–A Sampson County student was killed after a logging truck was involved in a hit-and-run with a school bus, WTVD reports.
Troopers said a Sampson County school bus was traveling south on U.S. Highway 421 near Herring Road between Delway and Harrells around 3:30 p.m.
According to the report, the bus was stopped with its lights flashing and was letting off a student who the incident occurred.
A tractor-trailer hauling timber, which was also traveling south on U.S. 421, apparently passed the stopped school bus and struck the child.
The tractor-trailer continued on. It was later found around 6 p.m. near the town of Autryville.
The investigation is ongoing.
Read more at WTVD
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault