Sampson County student struck, killed by logging truck
RALEIGH, N.C.–A Sampson County student was killed after a logging truck was involved in a hit-and-run with a school bus, WTVD reports.
Troopers said a Sampson County school bus was traveling south on U.S. Highway 421 near Herring Road between Delway and Harrells around 3:30 p.m.
According to the report, the bus was stopped with its lights flashing and was letting off a student who the incident occurred.
A tractor-trailer hauling timber, which was also traveling south on U.S. 421, apparently passed the stopped school bus and struck the child.
The tractor-trailer continued on. It was later found around 6 p.m. near the town of Autryville.
The investigation is ongoing.
Read more at WTVD
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.